24.3.12

time time, see what's become of me

Ok, so I initially thought I'd be 'blog crazy' and writing weekly, if not daily, but once again, life stepped in and it's been months (maybe longer..hmmm....).  Anyway, I'm back, and though some things have changed, most still remain the same (like the Led Zep song!).

I'm still reading like a fiend, though I have made the conversion from paper to e-books (yes, I still shudder too, and miss the touch and feel and smell of 'paper') BUT, the reality is, it's easier, more convenient and it's like the feeling of having a hidden chocolate bar in your purse that only you know about (what? you don't do that????!!!) because I can walk around with my tablet and know that I have, not only the library and ebook stores at my fingers, but many unread books sitting quietly waiting their turn, without 'weighing' me down.  It's like a diet, for the books!

We've also moved - since 'the boy' is finishing up his 2nd year of university and rarely comes home  :-(  we decided to venture 'downtown' and do the condo route.  I won't bore you with the stories of my frantically trying to maneuver my new SUV ('new' is another story for another day) into a teeny tiny parking space, or how the first time I attempted to 'leave' the underground, I drove all the way down to the basement, had to attempt a 3 point turn (attempt, meaning 23 point turn, sweating, panicking, but I did it!) and still trying to figure out if anyone lives in this building (it's been two weeks and I've yet to see one person in the elevator or underground, which feeds into my Stephen King's The Shining (Jack Nicholson screaming, "Here's Johnny") recurring nightmare.

But I digress.  This is a 'catch up'.  There will be time for stories in the days/weeks to come.  I will share stories of my new 'friends' (we're friends, we just haven't met yet) who live a simple 'viewing distance' away (as I sit here typing, I can feel 'Art Garfunkel' staring at my back).  "Art Garfunkel", the woman who sits at her MAC typing away (possibly about ME????) who from the back, complete with bald spot, looks exactly like Art Garfunkel.  "Bongboy", a few apartments over, who sits shirtless (that's all I can see) and plays video games, chills on facebook, and well.....uses his bong!  "Light Changing Dude", who seems to turn the light on and off in one room, alot.  And a cast of others I am trying furiously to 'meet'.

City life is wonderful - we are walking everywhere, though I have yet to figure out how to take the stairs down to the parking garage (one of my 'goals' - I like to keep 'em small).  I tried it and ended up leaving the building, walking back in, back upstairs, and taking the elevator.  That should count as my exercise for the next few weeks.

Reminders:  I blog for me - it's my outlet - my way of sharing, communicating, amusing, whatever.  If you like what I have to say, please comment, if not, well, that's what that delete button is for.

No comments:

Followers